Chinle Planting Hope and Read at Home
One child + learning to read + books + magazines to read = a future
With the collaboration and help of many volunteers and a number of Rotary Clubs in Colorado – Glenwood Springs, Vail, Durango — Chinle Planting Hope and Read at Home nonprofits are celebrating their accomplishments of the past several years:
- Creating a community center, an Imagination Learning Station
- Thrift Store, a place to purchase clothing, gifts, books
- Community garden, a place to plant, learn, grow, harvest
- Bicycle shop and repair
- Books! Borrow or buy
And in support of literacy and school success:
READ IN BEAUTY BOOKMOBILE IS READY to ROLL! Bringing books to children and adults in nearby communities!
We are celebrating, please join us: June 10th, Chinle, Navajo Nation, 10 am to 2 pm
JUNE 10th EVENT SCHEDULE:
- Post Colors
- National Anthem in English and Navajo
- Welcome by President of CPH Janice Dunn
- Short Remarks by Miss Navajo Nation, Valentina Clitso
- Short Remarks by Chinle Navajo Chapter President Dr. Rosanna Jumbo-Fitch
- Thank You to Key Foundations and Supporters of CPH
All Chinle Planting Hope and Read at Home programs will be up and running with children’s activities, Navajo authors and illustrators, giveaways, entertainment, food trucks, and more.
Everyone will go home with a book bag, Bookmobile card, and a book — or several — plus copies of Highlights and High Five magazines. choose a book — Or choose from a whole stack of new books. Books are a gift from Glenwood Springs, Colorado Rotary Club, several different clubs — Glenwood Springs, Vail, Durango — as well as The Book Grove and White River Books in Colorado, plus Salina Bookshelf Publishers in Flagstaff. A huge, happy thank you to so many!
One child + learning to read + books or magazines to read = a future